fav mags for ideas

  • *sketches* by becky higgins
  • anything martha
  • cherish by ctmh
  • creating keepsakes
  • designing layouts by donna downey
  • imagine by ctmh
  • oriental trading
  • page maps
  • paper crafts
  • reflections by ctmh
  • scrapbooks etc

Monday, June 9, 2008

scrapbook convention

Tara, Rachel and I browsed the convention on Thursday morning. It was packed. I am so glad it is open a whole extra day. Tara had never been to one and enjoyed herself! I saw a lot of the same vendors, the ones you can count on always being there and some new ones. Wow, the page kits are still a big thing out there, and boy are they proud of themselves, some are just a TOUCH overpriced. UGH!! I am sure that there are plenty that stock up on that mess. Of course I pre-ordered the new Kayla cd, volume 8, she assured how fabulous it is and it is a large one at that (cannot wait for that to come in the mail... it will be like Christmas in July)!! LOL! Tara and I bought some paper we had not seen before, from quick quotes. It is double sided and nice and heavy. Great colors and patterns too! All of us bought the new page maps book, it is fantabulous!! I suggest this one, we scored it for only $15, what a steal!! Like always, stamping station will not let you down if you need a state, country or sport paper; i got some great softball and Washington D.C. papers. The other hot item (booth)... retreats. These retreat places are gorgeous and well... proud of themselves. They should be, the houses look great, the scrap rooms are loaded with supplies and lots of room. I will make a new "list" with all of the ones we saw. We also headed out to Malakoff for our retreat at Miss Lillie's. I also picked up some cards on some local (DFW) stores and eBay stores as well. I will add those to the fav stores list. As always, cannot wait until next year, you never know what you might miss out on if you do not go. --pm

1 comment:

Lesa said...

I am so loving all the new additions......especially the Carrie quote!